I am a girl on the run and my weeks can get very hectic, therefore making it challenging to eat meals that are healthy. Over the years I have really mastered what I can eat to feel good and therefore manifest my best physical self. I aim to be prepared going into each week with meals and shakes from home. However, sometimes life gets hectic and I find myself unprepared. “On the road” to fat loss it’s difficult to maintain a balanced diet when one is unaware of some pit stop options for snacks and meals. Therefore, I have found ways to improvise on such days. To keep myself in peak condition, I keep my metabolism running as fast as possible, by eating small meals every 2-3 hours throughout the day. I also make sure to drink at least 3 liters of water per day as well. I suggest buying a case of water at Trader Joe’s if you have one near you, because its A LOT more cost effective, and ensures you will have water available to you at home. I am gonna tell you 10 convenient, quickie meals/snacks that work in a pinch for hotties on the run.
1) 7-11: Muscle Milk protein drink, my favorite is the chocolate YUM!! (For gals — only drink 1/2. Guys, you can drink the whole thing).
2) Carls Junior: Low carb burger (no bun, its wrapped in lettuce, no cheese or mayo)
3) 7-11: Pure Protein Bar, Strawberry filled or blueberry filled. (Eat only half at a time for females)
4) 7-11: 2 Hard boiled eggs (Only eat one entire egg and just the white part of the other, guys can eat 1 whole eggs and 3 whites)
5) 7-11: Bag of almonds, just eat about 10 almonds out of it for females and about 20 for guys.
6) In and Out: Hamburger, protein style (no bun, wrapped in lettuce, no cheese or mayo)
7) Power Zone (or your local smoothie shop): 1 scoop of Whey protein, 4 oz almond milk, 4 oz water, blueberries and rasberries, and a vitamin, or fiber boost. Blend with ice to taste. (For girls: 15-20 gms of whey protein, For guys: 25-30 gms of protein per shake)
8) 7-11: South Beach Diet bar: the rice crispy kind, and my fave is the chocolate peanut butter, mmmmm! (Only eat half at a time girls.)
9) 7-11: Atkins Bar, I suggest the chocolate chip:)
10) 7-11: Lean Body shake (girls just drink 1/2 at a time)
As I said before, ideally I choose to stick to eating meals I prepare from home (mostly veggies, fish, brown rice, oatmeal with blueberries and flax seed oil, egg whites, and whey protein shakes). However, it’s good to know how to eat in a pinch when you find yourself “on the road” to fat loss without any food to fuel your metabolism.
Anyone who is here to learn more about the detox I am starting today (Tuesday) for the next 7 days, per my Facebook satus, please see below.
Fruits: as much as I like, except citrus, although lemon and kumquats are encouraged (but not required)
Vegetables:As much as I like. All are ok except starchy veggies like potatoes and yams. No Nightshades, like tomatoes, bell pepper, egg plant, black pepper, Chile pepper, cayenne pepper. Must eat cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, etc) frequently. Watercress is also an important food to consume often.
Fats: Use only Flax, Olive Oil, and ONE AVACADO a day.
NO Grains, (if essential for hypoglycemia, use millet and/or brown rice), NO dairy, NO meat, NO legumes
Water: at least 3 liters/day
Rice or Hemp Protein Shakes: 1-2 scoops each morning with rice milk
Colonic (not required but encouraged) – 1 time during the 5 day cleanse
Bath: 2/3 carton of Epsom salt in very warm water. Soak while taking small sips of a detox tea (the detox yogi tea is a good one). Careful getting up, as one may experience light headedness.
Journaling: open up the emotional detox pathways.
Normal course is 2 weeks with a GENTLE re-introduction of healthy and whole foods back into diet. I find that 5-7 days is enough for me, especially on the first time.
Since this diet obviously requires some preparation, I reccommend planning ahead a week or so. Be prepared for a food crisis where all you want is comfort food, as its normal and often a frequent component of a cleanse.