Hey everyone! I hope you all had a really nice holiday break. It’s now 2010 ans I know that there are hundreds of thousands of people who are kicking off another new year with another list of resolutions. Are you one of them? What are some of the things you wish to accomplish for yourself this year? How do you think you can make this year different, and actually see all your goals through to the end of completion? I think that it feels so great to actually make progress. Getting fit and healthy is definitely a process, so please remember that it’s always about progress, not perfection. You don’t want to stress yourself out. It’s important to set realistic goals, and to add in healthy habits that work well with your schedule and your life. By adding the good stuff in, the not so good stuff begins to fall away. However, being healthy is a main priority, because without it, we have nothing!
Today I want to keep it simple. I want to leave you with 5 nutrition tips that you should begin implementing into your life immediately if you want to get healthy and look and feel better. Start with these 5 things, and when you are consistent, then you can take the next step and get even healthier and hotter!
1) ONLY BUY ORGANIC!!!!! Especially if you eat dairy and meat, only buy them if they are organic. Produce as well. This is so important I cannot stress it enough. Foods that are not organic are either full of poisons from pesticides and chemicals, or they are genetically modified with hormones, antibiotics and steroids, or all the above. If you read the lists of what is found in non-organic food when tested, you would be appalled. Believe me…you do not want that stuff in your bodies!!!!! You really “ARE what you eat.”
2) Eat one large organic, raw salad per day. That means a salad with nothing cooked in it. So for example: Lettuce, spinach, celery, cucumber, tomato, carrot, radish, maybe apple or berries (all organic ingredients of course) with olive oil, lemon, pepper, garlic powder and sea salt for flavor.
3) Get in tune with your body. PAY ATTENTION to how you feel after you eat everything!!! It’s so important to do this because your body knows what it needs and the more you tune in and pay attention to what it feels, the more you will begin to understand its communication with you about what to eat and what not to eat. Our bodies are magnificent and brilliant and when you tune in, your intuition will be your own personal nutrition guide!!!
4) Drink Water!!!! Most people these days are walking around dehydrated. Do not drink tap water either. Buy bottled water or install a filtering system. Water from the tap cannot be trusted. Drink water from a bottle for a week, and then try to drink tap water. You will taste a huge difference! Try to drink at least 1-2 liters a day. Also, *recycle your plastic bottles if you buy bottled water 🙂
5) Stick to eating mostly or all WHOLE FOODS. Foods that are still in their natural form, have not been processed and tinkered with by man, and are the most nutrient rich foods. That means our bodies know what to do with them, and can break them down and use them for fuel much easier. Packaged, processed foods will encourage disease and fat storage in the body. Stick to the outsides of the grocery store…fruits, veggies, whole grains.
If you have any questions please leave them for me here. I am really serious about this. People must realize what is happening to them as a result of the food quality they are consuming. It is killing us. Please take your health seriously. You are too beautiful and special to waste away on junk! Here’s To Your Health!!!
Below are some good resources to check out: