Well as some of you may know, I have been in school at IIN , The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, since the beginning of October 2009. I am doing the distance learning program since the school is in New York. One major thing my school emphasizes is bio-individuality. You see, there are over 125 dietary theories, all can be proven effective or “right.” IIN is not there to teach us who is “good” or “bad” or “right” or “wrong.” Their main concern is that we learn about all of the different dietary theories, try them on for size, and decide for ourselves what works best for our own lives, and the lives of our clients, based on bio-individuality. Therefore, I have become fascinate with eating a RAW-Vegan diet. I may eat fish once every week or two, b ut for the most part, NO ANIMAL products in my diet. I absolutely love eating this way. I have lost almost 10 pounds and feel fantastic, which is most important of all.
I know that eating this way is not necessarily good for everyone, however, I am going to list 10 of my favorite healthy snacks, that you can blend into your day to see how they make you feel:)
2) Pure bars– buy at Trader Joes or Whole Foods
3) 1/2 organic, raw cucumber and 1/4 cup of raw, organic mixed nuts
4) 1 small green apple with raw, organic almond or peanut butter
5) 2 stalks of organic, raw celery and raw, organic almond or peanut butter
6) Sliced organic Cucumber, sliced organic tomato with lemon, olive oil, sea salt and chopped garlic or garlic powder
7) raw, organic sunflower seeds and dried organic cranberries mixed into a trail mix
8) 1-2 slices of lightly toasted Ezekiel bread or Ezekiel wraps dipped in organic humus
9) raw, organic kale chips or flax crackers (buy at Whole Foods) with organic humus
10) organic *blueberries, strawberries, mulberries, goji berries and bananas, mixed together with raw, organic oats and organic almond milk
These may sound extremely healthy nutty to a lot of you, but I challenge you to look for them at Trader Joes, Whole Foods, or your local health food grocery store. You’d be amazed at how good healthy can taste. Also, I use to be a sugar and carb-a-phobe, but I have since learned that if you eat the right kind of carbs and sugar, that are high quality foods, you really do not have to worry. Ok that’s all I got for now. Please leave your questions and comments here! Here’s To Your Health!!!