Fitness Tips July 16, 2010
Here are your three fitness tips for the week:
1) Allow yourself to be where you are. Whatever you are feeling is OK! We so often want to run away from what we feel inside and therefore prolong it from passing through. As a result, we suffer in many ways. We may eat more, not work out, feel anxious and depressed because we are judging ourselves for not being capable enough or normal enough. Just FEEL IT. Embrace your reality NOW. You are allowed to be imperfect.
2) Stop comparing yourself to other people…you have no idea what their journey is about. Unless you are doing something nice for another…keep the focus on yourself. The world is a better place if we are all happy, so stop using others as a distraction from working on yourself. What can you do to be a happier person??? Do it!
3) Create an esteemable life. What is 1 thing that will make you stand taller, smile bigger, that will inspire you to step outside of your comfort zone and make bold moves? When we do esteemable acts, like eat clean and nutrient rich foods, exercise regularly, and take time for ourselves to enjoy our lives…we start to feel our self-worth go up. When you feel like a million dollars you are much more likely to manifest a million dollars!
That’s a wrap for this week. If I don’t see you Monday night at my talk…then come back and visit me here :)You can also meet me in your inbox every Friday in you sign up for my weekly Fitness Tips Newsletter! Here’s To Your Health, Wellness, and Vitality!
Fitness Tips for the 4th! July 3, 2010
Here are three fitness tips to help you feel your best this July 4th weekend!
1) Start each day with no less than 30 mins of cardio, but preferably 60 mins. This will sweat out extra salt and water and will raise your endorphins and seretonin. You will feel lighter, tighter, and happier as you set out for some fun in the sun!
2) Make sure to eat at least 1 large salad a day starting today. By eating this live food, you will fill your tummy with nutrients and fiber and reduce the risk of indulging in too many sweets or fried foods. Eat your salad at least 1-2 hours before hitting the party so you have time to digest it properly and don’t go feeling too full and bloated.
3) Be sure to eat breakfast no more than 1 hour after waking up. Then be sure to eat small meals and snacks throughout the day, every 2-4 hours. By doing this you will kick your metabolism into high gear AND stabilize your blood sugar so you will feel high on life! Your mood will be great and you will be running on a ton of energy!
BONUS) Drink at least 8 oz of water between each alcoholic beverage to stay hydrated. This will also reduce caloric and sugar intake, and help you to avoid drinking and eating more than you actually need for a good time:)
Happy Birthday America! Did you know that the legal date of separation of the American colonies from Great Britain occurred on July 2nd, 1776…exactly 234 years ago today? However, we celebrate it on the 4th because the Declaration of Independence was finally approved by Congress on July 4th, 1776. I tell you this because I want you to know….WE CAN LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN TODAY!!!
What are your plans for the weekend? Do you feel good about yourself? Are you excited to hit the pool side or the beach? Or, are you staying inside to battle the buldge??? I know how hard it can be to feel uncomfortable in your own skin. I have gone through so many of my own challenges with food addiction and obsessive compulsive behaviors that were all a symptom of me not feeling worthy, or inspired by my life, or beautiful on the inside. I have tried every diet, and gone through phases of working out for 3-4 hours a day, to phases of not working out for months because I was so de-motivated, burnt out, depressed, and dark. I am excited to share with you however, that this year…I will be celebrating Independence Day in Vegas! I feel so happy with the balance I have found in my life. I no longer have an obsession with food or exercise, and it is such a relief! I can go on vacations, and not worry about anything except what hot outfits I am going to wear and what people I am going to meet. I get to feel good about myself all the time, no matter where I go, who I am with, or what I am doing. I want this for everyone! Since I feel so passionate about helping others achieve the same level of health and well-being, I have decided to Celebrate YOU by putting a little something special together. I understand some of us just need a little boost…something different to shift us and change our perception. If this is what you need, please take advantage of what I am offering you.
For the L.A. Local:
E.L.M. Sampler Package–
*2 Personal Training Sessions- These sessions will shock your muscles and your body quick! I will design 2 unique workouts, specific to your goals and body type. In just two workouts you will feel tighter, stronger, leaner, and sexier, and your metabolism will get the boost you are looking for. You will walk away from each session feeling motivated and empowered.
*2 Health and Nutrition Phone Coaching Sessions- In these sessions we will address Nutrition. We will discuss the foods that are best for YOU based on your body and goals. I will begin to educate you on what you need to know to make the healthiest choices. Since our food choices are largely effected by things like career, relationships, exercise, and spirituality, we will look at what areas in your life may be making it difficult for you to reach your goals. I will help you identify negative patterns and habits that may be reoccurring in many areas in your life, that no longer serve you. We will begin to heal you from the self -sabotaging behaviors that are showing up in your life and making it feel impossible to achieve the results you want.
*1 Grocery Store Tour- I will take you on a tour of Whole Foods…my favorite place ever!!! I will help you understand how to fill your shopping cart with the highest quality foods, that support your health and goals, without breaking the bank. I will help you learn to read food labels and how to be a “food detective.” I want you to feel empowered with knowledge, and that is what you will get on this amazing, educational, and FUN tour!
*1 Myofascial Release, Massage, and Stretching Session- This is an incredibly healing form of body work. It breaks up fatty tissue and releases the fascia, which allows you to have better mobility. By breaking up fatty deposits, it becomes easier for the body to flush it out. Myofascial Release also helps to open up the muscle bellies so you are able to get a deeper and fuller range of motion during exercise and every day movement. It also helps prevent injury. This makes your workouts much more effective because you will be using a larger percentage of your muscle on each repetition. As a result, you will achieve a healthier, leaner, and more flexible physique, in a shorter amount of time. than if you were not using this technique in conjuction with your workout program. This technique, combined with my famous massaging and stretching, will relieve you of stress and pain, and you will walk away feeling all warm and fuzzy inside!
**For anyone who signs up by July 10th- $500
10 Personal Training Sessions– Train with me for 10 sessions and watch your body change. I will take you through 10 uniquely designed workouts for your goals and body. We will shock your metabolism into high gear, strengthen your core, tighten your butt, sculpt your arms, back, and chest, to get you feeling beach body ready!
For anyone who signs up by July 10th- $799
For My Out of Towners:
E.L.M. Body Makeover Coaching:
-4 Health and Nutrition Phone Coaching Sessions- These sessions will help you bust through plateaus, learn about the foods that support weight loss or muscle gain for your body, start to overcome food addictions and binging patterns, teach you ways to stay inspired in the gym, and they will support you with the motivation you need to move closer to living a life you love in a body you love.
For anyone who signs up by July 10th- $250
How do you feel about these options??? I really hope you find something that works for you. I thought really hard about how to put something together that would get you motivated to take your body to that next level! Please Call Me at 850-528-5187 or Email me at ErinLanahanMethod@gmail.com to schedule today. I look forward to working with you.